For pregnant women who must work, surely we must be clever-clever arranging how to keep our attention to fetal health as well as complete the work without interruption.
Just for sharing personal experiences, roughly following tips can help the expectant mother who stays busy working in the office.
1. Select comfortable working clothes worn, if your stomach is bigger (more than four months), the Office shall replace the clothes that used to be used, with a special office clothes for pregnant women (note the factor of convenience). Do not get depressed because of abdominal skirt or pants that are too narrow, or tight clothes in the stomach, or materials that may create a sultry (pregnant women tends to increase body temperature).
2. Drink at least eight glasses of water a day (it’s rather difficult to do especially when the air-conditioned office, I myself was also a bit difficult, but for the sake of our baby, must be accustomed). If you get bored with plain water, may be interspersed with occasional milk or fruit juice drinks. But keep in mind should not contain too much sugar. Beverages plus ice is not a problem (the myth that bigger ice water to make a baby that is not true, that makes a big baby is usually iced water we drink is not watered, but has already added syrup or other sugar-containing beverages).
3. Do not forget to bring a healthy snack for brunch and afternoon (according to the experience although breakfast at 6 am, I remain hungry again as eight hours! And after lunch, usually 2-3 hours I was already hungry again). Can form fruit (pear fruit is very good for reducing nausea during the first trimester of pregnancy; the banana is very good for reducing heart burn during the second trimester). Snacks are also no problem as long as we must remember the content of calories and nutrients they contain. Do not get too often eat snacks that are too high in calories and low in nutritional value, such as fried. Oil content of fried foods can also lead to heart burn.
4. Ensure a comfortable working position for you. If you sit down, then make sure your seat is not too high or low. Sit up straight and lean back comfortably. Legs should not hang, try carrying a small chair or any that could be used to place the back foot. It is useful to prevent cramps or swelling in the legs. If the work requires sitting for long time then try once every two hours rest and relax by walking or standing for a moment.
5. Lunch with a healthy and filling foods (avoid eating instant noodles, because high-calorie, less nutritious and stimulate the heart burn), but not too stuffed, because you’ll get sleepy. Do not eat foods that are too spicy or acidic. Drink a refreshing drink, fruit juice choice.
6. If at lunch time you feel tired or sleepy, try to get a rest, just lie down or sleep for a while. But make sure a comfortable place to rest (in my experience, because the mosque is often deserted during the day, nap or just lay in the supermarket after lunch, okay to make a fresh body back … heehaw.
Now, with the steps above, we no longer have to worry about the health of our babies even though we are still busy working.